Re: Bolt on Fuel Injection speaker in S. CA

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bolt on Fuel Injection speaker in S. CA
From: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:58:45 -0700
Cc: randallyoung@earthlink.net, cowan@erg.sri.com
Hi Randall,

Was there any mention about how much performance would be increased over
the US Spec?
If I'm spending $2k (or even $1500), I'd like to get the ~150 Hp of
"worldly" TR6's.

In looking at http://www.electromotive-inc.com/injection.htm and
http://twminduction.com/EFI/EFI-FR.html,
I began to wonder about more than two throttle bodies.  I had heard that
one of the things that
makes triple webbers attractive is that there is a venturi for each
cylinder --- no two
cylinders have to fight each other for a full charge.  OTOH, my
simple-minded analysis
of the stock manifold indicates that among cylinders 123 and 456 there is
no overlap of their
intake strokes.  So maybe two throttle bodies are plenty.  Was there any
discussion of
this or similar topics?

TIA,
Cregg Cowan