SU Carbs . Again.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Carbs . Again.
From: David Willett & Carol Gray <willgray@region.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:28:28 -0400
With help and advice from various people on the List (Thank you!) I
have cleaned, rebuilt and balanced/"tuned" my SU carbs, but am still
not entirely comfortable that I've got the mixture correct, as for
one thing the gas consumption seems a bit excessive.
  Someone on the List referred me to an article at
<www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/tuning.html>  on "Tuning vs Setting SU
Carburetors" by Fred Sisson, in which Mr. Sisson claims that the ONLY
way to tune SU's is by means of an "on-board exhaust analyzer".Quote:
"Anything else is groping in the dark"
  Has anyone had any experience with one of these things?
  Dave
--
1957 Triumph TR 3A 1957
  # TS24301