RE: Bolt on Fuel Injection speaker in S. CA

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bolt on Fuel Injection speaker in S. CA
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:13:23 -0700
Cregg :

I got the distinct impression that they had not yet tested it on an actual TR,
and I don't recall any horsepower figures being mentioned.  You obviously will
not get the full 150hp, since it also involved changes to cam profile,
compression ratio, ignition timing, etc.

Certainly, using a throttle body per cylinder is an option, by buying the
manifold for 3 DCOEs and the TBI bolt-on for a DCOE.  This option was
mentioned, but no comparison made.

IMO the advantage would not be the increased throttle plate area, but rather
that the fuel/air mixture has a straighter shot at the cylinder, without going
around the bends in the stock intake manifold.  But, unless you are racing in a
class that forbids it, I think there's more "bang for the buck" to be had with
a supercharger/turbocharger.  Of course, no one is currently building an
"off-the-shelf" system for the TR6, but it shouldn't be too hard to fabricate
one.

As someone once said "Speed costs money.  How fast do you want to go ?"

Randall