TR6 Brake Master Cylinder rebuild

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Brake Master Cylinder rebuild
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:34:35 -0700
I've taken my master cylinder apart. The rear seal is a major pain to put on.
Last time I did this I boiled the seal to loosen it up enough to stretch over
the big part of the plunger.  Functionally the brakes work on all seals but the
rear seal is leaking which happens to be the only part I boiled last time.
Could the boiling process on the previous job have anything to do with this?
I'm sort of reluctant to do the boiling trick as that is the only part that
failed.  Should I boil it in a sealed bag this time.  Any suggestions of
alternate ways to get the seal on would be very welcome.

PS-  The last rebuild job lasted 2 years on dot3 brake fluid.  This time I will
use silicone fluid.