Re: TR7 BFH#15

To: <Eganb@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>, <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#15
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:58:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
The way I do this is to take a chisel and, very carefully, cut a slot in the
bushing in order to collapse it.  This works fine for BMC A and B series
engines, Hillman Imp engines, and Ford Anglia engines, but I've never done a
TR7 so I don't know if it will work for you.  If you decide to try this
method, just take a bullnose chisel and gently remove metal until you are
through to the wall of the bushing's housing.  The bushing will spring
together enough that you will be able to pull it out.  Yes, you have to
press the new bushing in - be careful to push it in straight.  If you use a
hammer to drive it in, use a copper or brass drift - do not hammer directly
on the bushing.