win some.......

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: win some.......
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:49:40 EST
Hi List,
          Well I guess you cant win them all. After leaving the SE VTR ( for
the second time) I was once again fueled for the next round of Stag wrestling
and proceeded directly to the battle ground. At the VTR I had asked several
venders and others if the Spit flex brake lines would interchange with the
Stag ones. There did not seem to be a difinative answer so I tried it. It
works great! The lines I used were steel braided lines from the Spit
project('69 MKIII) and all the fittings fit just fine. I dont see why OEM
lines would be any different. I dont know if there is a cost difference for
the lines, but there must be a savings on shipping.
          Then the Stag came back hard in the second round. I gambled (12.95
to be exact) that the tie rod ends would interchange with TR6 ones. Not so.
They are only a little bit off, but a miss is as good as a mile. Anyone found
a good domestic tie rod end that will fit? Ill try NAPA this week. By the
way...anyone looking for a set of TR6 tie rod ends?

PLB3