TR2 model

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 model
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:08:15 -0800
While I was in a local community this Saturday, (El Cajon for those of you
familiar) and I dropped in a local hobby shop that I had just that day
found out was going out of business because of "downtown" redevelopment.
It's a shop that I have visited in the past, as well as one my father had
used when he was alive so It was a bit nostalgic for me.  As I looked over
the depleted shelves and was talking to the owner who has been in business
for over fifty years, I spied a plastic model kit, still in shrink wrap and
a little dusty, of all things, a TR2.  This is a Japanese kit (don't have
the brand handy, but I'm fairly sure it's not Tamiya).  I have not opened
the box, a 1:24th scale model, partly because I was unsure of the rarity of
the kit.  It looks fairly comprehensive, and I would like to build it even
though I don't own a TR2 (but would like to :-}) although if it's fairly
rare or collectable I would hate to unseal the box - It's in PERFECT
condition -
Anybody have any ideas - I have no real desire to sell it as yet, and I can
check the box for the mfg. and report back tomorrow if anybody is
interested in who makes it.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)