Zenith Carb Problem

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Zenith Carb Problem
From: naldous@ccgmail.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:43:12 -050011:26:02 AM
I just had my zenith carbs rebuilt on my 70 GT6+ about a month ago to
resolve a sputtering problem when accelerating.  This weekend on a long
trip it seemed to reappear and finally to the point that I have a very hard
time starting the car at all.  I think it is those bypass valves on the
carbs not letting enough or too little air in.  Before I take it back to my
mechanic to fix for free, are there any steps I should take to see if it is
set up right in the first place?  I noticed that the little screw on the
side of each by pass valve is turned all the way clockwise.  On both carbs.
When it is running and I blip the throttle, the engine wheezes and wants to
shutoff?  Anybody have an idea what this could be?
Thanks for your help.
I want my old willys jeep back, it was less headache!
Nathan