A TR4A Headlight on a Volvo!

To: "triumphmail" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A TR4A Headlight on a Volvo!
From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:50:21 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
List,
My teenage son was going a little too fast in our '71 Volvo P1800 (you
know, the Saint's car), spun out in the rain and broke the right front
headlight assy. After looking at it closely, it turns out it's a Lucas
unit, and is a 99.9% match to what's on my TR4A!  Chrome trim, can,
gasket, adjusters, everything. Wow!  And, are you ready for this ...
the wire harness colors (sic) are an exact match!

And guess what, it's was just the excuse I needed to order a new one
for my 4A (Moss ,, are you listening?) that's going thru a complete
redo right now. So now our Volvo has a TR4A headlamp assembly.

As I recall the Volvo 1800 was originally a LBC in the early 1960's,
and uses lots of Lucas parts, as well as Smiths and Jaegar gauges. All
the trim panels and hardware are British.

I wonder if anybody would object if I brought the P1800 to the next
LBC meet?

John in San Diego
'67 TR4A
'71 P1800E