Inertial Fuel Cutoff Switch

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Inertial Fuel Cutoff Switch
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:32:34 -0500
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about these things.  If you have an
electric fuel pump, the switch senses the shock of a collision and shuts off
the current to the pump, for safety, so gas doesn't continue to flow to the
engine and perhaps spill all over.  There was one in my 90 Ford Taurus, and
it once actuated when I was rear-ended on a highway.  I had to go into the
trunk and reset it before I could start the car.  Great idea.

I would like to put one on my TR3, and have a few questions.  Do I have to
buy one for a specific model (like Ford Taurus) or is there a generic model?
Part number?  Price?  Where to buy?  I called a few places today and nobody
knew what I was talking about.  I assume it's an electrical switch rather
than a fuel shutoff valve, and I would put it in series with the current to
my electric fuel pump.  Correct?

Thanks!

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B TSF263L