Re: Cleaning out the hydraulics

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning out the hydraulics
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 07:08:30 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, "Tigers@autox,team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Alpines" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Joe,

You also neglected to mention that DOT 5 does not absorb moisture the way
DOT 4 will, making it a far superior choice for drivers that only
occasionally tool around in their cars.  The chance of corrosion in the
braking system is greatly reduced.  Remember too that DOT 5 was developed by
the military for vehicles that sit around in storage for long periods of
time, but need to be mobilized on short notice.

>From another DOT 5 convert -- and very happy I made the switch.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!