sidescreen body rubber strips( trying again)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: sidescreen body rubber strips( trying again)
From: jgillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 12:26:59 +0000
Only one reply last time, really need help with this one, if you have any
advice please answer

Hello all
I have just come back from my garage after two days of fitting all my body
mounting pads, spacers and bolts to my TR2. It took some time and a
little bit of drilling out, but all seems fine. I used the specified number of
pads and shims from the workshop manual. My question relates to the
strips of rubber supplied which lay on different parts of the chassis legs.
With all pads in place the body comes no where near making contact with
this strip, especially at the front in the engine compartment. I fail to see
how it is possible for the rubber strip to make contact, given that the pads
and spacers lift the body well clear of the chassis. Is this normal and if so
how necessary are these strips. I see them as a trap for dirt and muck on
the top of the chassis leg. They are going to be tricky to fit anyway, using
contact adhesive I guess, so any advice would be welcome before I
continue.
Regards John Gillis