Ebay Again - Lessons Learned

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ebay Again - Lessons Learned
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 20:58:39 -0800
     FWIW, I am an active Ebay buyer and have picked up some great deals
online. I recently purchased an original TR3 crankshaft that has never been
ground, mains are still factory spec and the rod journals are too (except
one that is questionable, so I'll grind the rods 0.010"). This crankshaft
set me back $53.
     One sore spot has come up. After about 20 different purchases, it looks
like I might have found a bad apple. I bought a set of new HD valve springs
for the TR. There was no picture. I bid like $19 or something. It took over
50 days to arrive (lots of excuses) and then there were only 7 springs sets
in the box. The seller says that he'll check to see what happened to #8.
Maybe just a line, maybe not. He seems striaight in his emails.
     I won't buy anything else unless there is a good photo and I'll check
Ebay feedbacks better next time.
     BTW I have an excellent Porsche book (Excellence Was Expected) and a
delightful book on Lotus & Caterham Sevens listed on Ebay right now.

     Bill Brewer