Re: Manual for general knowledge. Reply - Long - No LBC

To: "Gary Allgood" <leyte@lvs.net>
Subject: Re: Manual for general knowledge. Reply - Long - No LBC
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 18:12:54 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Maybe I'd better clarify....

I am generally referring to the kind of little problems which pop up after
visits to certain, um, shall we say, less than scrupulous mechanics I've
met...Such as, you go in for an oil change, and a week later the car starts
overheating. So you take it back, and get the leaking hose(When did that
happen?) fixed, and a week later, you're back again for the ignition
problem, which turns out to be a bad coil lead. Then a week or so later, you
notice something else.... I had that experience with one mechanic, and when
I switched mechanics, discovered the "little problems" disappeared. I keep a
close eye on my vehicles- and the condition of "deposits" in the drive.
You'd think I'd have noticed a leak over time. Certainly, all these things
could have gone bad in the same period of time, but I find it highly
suspect, especially as each thing went wrong right after something else got
fixed.

The great majority of mechanics I've known have been fine. There have been
others who weren't. I apologize if I offended any of my friends here.

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible