Master Cylinder Pushrods - wornout

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Master Cylinder Pushrods - wornout
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 19:56:49 EST
Jeff
I had same problem with both push-rods in my master brake and clutch
cylinders being worn oblong. I found about 6 or 8 pushrods at Triumphs Only
in San Jose CA and 2 were in almost new condition. Wayne charged me $15 each
! YOUCH !  whataya gonna do?
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74 .. if I didn't have so much restoring to do already I would
weld and re-drill my old master push-rods.

>>List,
In my current redo, I find that the holes in the clutch master pushrod are
very egg-shaped and that the arm itself is not available as a part separate
from a complete master cylinder (at $120.) The cylinder itself is in
excellent condition and I do not want to part with that kind of money.
First, I believe that I could have the holes welded over and then
re-drilled, or just cut off the current end and have a new one fabricated
and welded on.  (Sounds like a pain)
Second, someone on the list may have an NOS or nice used part lurking about
and would like to sell it a reasonable price.
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks,
Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 original owner <<