Push rod holes

To: <76TR6@flashcom.net>
Subject: Push rod holes
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 20:47:47 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jeff, I did this very job on my TR4A this past summer. After many years of
thinking about it I took every thing apart and brazed the holes in the push
rod as well as the pedal arm shut and re-drilled them to match a new clevis
pin I purchased. There was an immediate improvement and now the
transmissions shifts very smoothly because for the first time in years the
clutch releases all of the way. Incidentally the 4A is different than the 6
in that the clevis and pedal are in the engine compartment rather than under
the dash. You will still need to disassemble it all to weld or braze. I
chose to braze because I had the equipment to do it myself. I also convinced
myself that the brass was a better bearing material than a steel weld. I
will now oil them from time to time as well.
I did this over a period of a few days. Lots of work but very gratifying
result. Go for it.
JVV