RE: Auto body 101

To: "Richard R Olson" <Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Auto body 101
From: "Phil Pattengale" <patten92@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 20:46:26 -0500
>      I recently signed up with my local Vocational Technical School
>      adult class on 'Antique Auto Body Repair'.  The course is centered
>      around "bring a project in, and use our equipment and work on it".

My Dad and I are doing the same same in Coldwater Michigan...  3 hours a
week, 16 weeks, $170 a semester, no further charges (within reason - I can
prime anything and everything, but to paint the entire thing will probably
incur some additional charge for materials)...

I am in the second "semester" and have completed 3 fenders (dent repaired
and primed), one seat frame, two doors are works in progress, the TR2 front
apron is also a work in progress and I believe I'll be priming the bonnet
next week.

I have several photos to add to my deliquent web site (which has moved
"in-house" - so I expect this to improve update times).

I can only say that if you have a VocEd facility in your community, find out
if they offer a similiar body shop class....  It is indeed the best way to
have access to professional equipment without incurring the professional
costs!

Cheers!

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}
56 TR3  - TS11820-L  {Dad's}
56 TR3  - TS9169-LO {Anyone seen this car? - Last seen in Missouri in 1964}
patten92@ameritech.net
http://www.pattengale.org