Re: Collectible Spits

To: jdonovan@mediaone.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Collectible Spits
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 12:34:33 EST
In a message dated 2/4/2001 10:19:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jdonovan@mediaone.net writes:

> The April 2001 (??) edition of Collectible Automobile has a nice article on
> Spits and GT6s -- "the endearing little sisters of the TRs," in the words of
> the article.

It would appear that the "lowly" Spitfire range finally has begun to acheive
the recognition it deserves. A little over a year ago, the Spitfire as
"collectible automobile" was touted in _Esquire_ magazine as well as _Special
Interest Autos_ or something connected with Hemmings. Now _Collectible
Automobile_ -- and due shortly is a feature in...well, maybe I shouldn't say;
don't want to give too much away. But the title of the magazine is half of
the title Joe cites! ;-)

--Andy
Andrew Mace, President and 10/Herald/Sports 6 (Vitesse) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>