Re: Thanks for the advice all - Seized bolts!

To: Fred Marks <marks_fred@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks for the advice all - Seized bolts!
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:40:42 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Fred:

If it makes you feel any better, shortly after I got my GT6-3, the alternator
went south.  (Why alternators are always going south is largely misunderstood,
but they appear to like Fort Meyers.)  What should have been a simple job became
rather more complex, as the lower pivot bolt had become completely rust-fused in
its housing.  I had to hack off the offending bolt, unbolt a piece from the
engine and go to a machine shop to have it all drilled clean.    Whaddya gonna
do...

--
Martin Secrest
GT6, TR6