An un-funny thing

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: An un-funny thing
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:38:20 -0500
Hey folks, was just under my hood looking around and in the bottom of the
plastic pan the battery sets in I found a liquid.  At first I thought it was
battery acid; an overflow.  I wiped some of it up with a rag and smelled it
and it didn't smell like acid.  So I tasted it.  Oil!  There aren't any
leaks that I could see.  I thought it might be the valve cover.  I ran a
paper towel around it and didn't pick up anything abnormal.  In fact I SEE
nothing abnormal.  But something is obviously  wrong somewhere because this
was too much oil to come from nowhere.   Any ideas or thoughts?

John Summers
'74 TR 6