RE: Fuel pump problems

To: "'PMSchuess@aol.com'" <PMSchuess@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel pump problems
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:12:20 -0800
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Paul, and all,

I was just going to start rebuilding an original AC fuel pump (with priming
lever) for my TR-3A.   Currently I have a repro pump from Moss on the car
that seems to work fine.  I was planning to put a rebuilt original pump on
the car not so much for originality, but because I have been told the pins
on repro pumps are only held in by a friction fit, and can eventually work
their way out causing the  pump to fail catastrophically.  The originals, I
have been told, have a groove and clip setup to retain the pin.  Am I
looking for trouble (rather than avoiding it?) by rebuilding this original
pump?  I hadn't figured on a rebuilt pump creating too much pressure.  The
rebuild kit is from TRF.

As always, thanks for the benefit of your experience.
Dennis

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]