RE: Fuel pump problems

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel pump problems
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 23:26:57 -0800 m .intranet>
Cc: "Dennis Lambert" <DLambert@anaheim.net>
I have what I believe are original AC pumps with lever. Some have the
friction fit pin and some have the pin & circlip set up.

After experiencing the catastrophic failure you mention (more than once!), I
now use the pin with circlips exclusively.

Brad
62 TR4
65 TR4A
because I have been told the pins
on repro pumps are only held in by a friction fit, and can eventually work
their way out causing the  pump to fail catastrophically.  The originals, I
have been told, have a groove and clip setup to retain the pin