Re: To Grease Trans shaft or not ?

To: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To Grease Trans shaft or not ?
From: "Bernd Ingelfinger" <bernd@triumphtr.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:50:10 +0100
> List, I have had conflicting theories if the shaft that the throw out
> bearing glides on should be coated with grease or not on a transmission
> (TR3/4)
>
> Yes, No ?
> Type of grease, oil ?

since this is a moving part I cannot see any disadvantages on lubricating
it. I put grease on all the shafts on my cars with no sliding clutch or so.
I assume it will cause a smoother handling of the clutch.

-Bernd
Munich, Germany
http://www.triumphtr.de

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  Reminder to Outlook Express users - Change your settings
to NOT automatically include the original message.  mjb.]