Spit 1500 Windshield Wiper Woes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit 1500 Windshield Wiper Woes
From: "Coop, Michael L" <mcoop@amfam.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:32:34 -0500
I've come out of hiding again... with another weird problem.

During sudden rain yesterday, the wipers on my 78 Spitfire began to
malfunction.  Initially, after a slow start, the wipers were working at the
normal speed.  But after about 10 minutes or so, they began to make a very
high pitched noise and dramatically slowed their path across the windshield.

Any ideas on the cause?   Better yet, any ideas on a fix?

Michael Coop
Michael Coop Agency, Inc.
American Family Insurance
(317) 786-8488 Office
(877) 899-9980 Toll Free
78 Spitfire 1500; 63 Spitfire 4; 63 Spitfire 4