Re: [Powder v Wedgewood Blue] Paint code again

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Powder v Wedgewood Blue] Paint code again
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:52:59 EST
This might help a bit. I found an old message from 1998 on this very topic!

[From: don pikovnik <donp@ncweb.com>]

Listers,

Powder Blue (ICI # 8103) is just what the name says, a light pastel blue.
Wedgwood Blue (ICI # 5814) is similar in color but with significantly more gray
and somewhat darker.... [rest snipped]

I can vouch for the difference, as one of my Heralds currently wears a Powder
Blue (original paint) bonnet and a Wedgewood Blue (also original paint)
driver's door on an otherwise Pale Yellow (nonoriginal paint, but one of the
original colors) car! Powder would be the color for a TR3A, while Wedgewood
wasn't introduced until several years later. (Possibly TR4s could've come in
either color depending on year?)

Also, from a list that Joe Curry put together awhile back, with PPG color mixes:

Powder Blue -- 12163
Wedgwood Blue -- 12873

Hope this helps Ed and others.

--Andy Mace