TR7 BFH#54 - New dizzy and emissions

To: "INTERNET:Eganb@aol.com" <Eganb@aol.com>
Subject: TR7 BFH#54 - New dizzy and emissions
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:05:55 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "[unknown]" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Eganb@aol.com
>One more question.  My Bentley manual doesn't show which vacuum source to
plug the Lucas 45DM CEII vacuum unit into.  I found a vacuum line
underneath
the front carburetor -- it was plugged with a screw, so I used that vacuum
source.  Let me know if there is somewhere else I should be connecting the
dizzy vacuum to.
<

The vacuum retard unit should be connected to a port on the underside of
the Zenith carb very near the throttle plate.  This port is downstream of
the throttle plate when the throttle is closed but when the throttle is
opened the throttle plate moves inward and the port soon becomes ahead of
the plate and the vacuum goes away.  In this way the vacuum retard is only
retarding when the throttle is closed.

The vacuum advance port is on the top side of the carb and works in an
opposite fashion.

Dave