Re: Rear Hub and Drive shaft

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Hub and Drive shaft
From: "GLENN FRANCO" <gafranco@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:53:09 -0500 FILETIME=[AEF67290:01C09546]
Cc: <Bryce@Milton.com>, <dandet@alltel.net>
Dan and Bryce

To remove the TR6 hub, remove the 6 nuts on the outboard hub retainer (at
backing plate). If the hub is stuck in place take the drum and install it
loosely reversed (machined side out) run three or more lug nuts about three
to four threads on the stud and pull back on the drum using it as a slide
puller. This techique had been used on domestic cars and trucks for years
with great success. The drum is full cast and not a composite so their
should be no damage to the drum.

An easy way to remove the inner part of the half shaft is to release the
bellows styled boot and remove it in two pieces.

Glenn Franco

71TR6
74TR6
TR250