Ebay Bidding

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ebay Bidding
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:43:43 -0800
     I've been following the string on Ebay bidding, last minute bidding,
Lucas fault manuals for $30, etc,etc..
     One guy wrote that he didn't understand why anyone would bid early.
     I just blew a bid when Southern California Edison blacked out when I
was going to bid. What a pisser.
     Also, if I bid early, I do the "proxy" bidding wish ups your bidding
amount to your maximum bid when other people bid. I'll bid in advance and
check back when the bidding is over. This stops runaway bidding fever on my
part. I decide in advance the maximum that I'll pay so I don't get into
bidding wars involving egos and type A personality traits.
     I still sneak in last minute bids tho...
     Whatever toots your flute.
     FWIW, I have been selling off old Porsche books and manuals (without
admitting guilt of Porsche ownership at one time). I recently sold
"Porsche - Excellence Was Expected" which I bought in 1982 or 83. I got
$127.50 for it! YeeHa! Of course, I don't really get the money, it ends up
at TRF and I end up with more TR parts.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA
     1960 & 1961 TR3As