Re: IRS and Live axle TR4A question

Subject: Re: IRS and Live axle TR4A question
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:45:43 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Richard :

Can't find definitive production figures in my limited library.  But,
Bill Piggott wrote in "Triumph The Sporting Cars" that "... around one
third of the TR4As sold in the USA were non-IRS cars.  The solid-axle
car was never sold outside of North America."

So, your eBay seller would be wrong, if that's what he said.  However,
all I could find was an assertion that the IRS was an option, which is
"sort-of" true.  In fact, I believe the solid axle was listed as a
"negative cost" option, the IRS was a more expensive "standard".

Randall