RE: Who has the best vinyl seats?

To: "Jon" <blueturtles@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Who has the best vinyl seats?
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:09:42 -0500
Jon,

I used TRF for my seat covers, hoodstick covers and interior
panels.  They are exactly as the original with excellent quality
vinyl.  I used there leather seat kit but the vinyl used in the
other parts was better than original.

I tried the sets from Moss and they were very good and
complete... but I did not think they matched the vinyl welding
patterns very well. They used a sewn in cord to simulate the
concept...  TRF had it done as original.

I would also recommend John Skinner
(http://www.john-skinner.co.uk/) in the UK.  He has an excellent
reputation and the cost with UK shipping is about the same a 20%
off TRF. The pound is at a very advantages 1.4 rate right now
which makes it even cheaper. John also has EVERYTHING.  Leather
door panels, original white TR4 visors, leather rear seat
cushions... and he will sell all the bits individually not just
big kits.

Whatever you do... get all the interior bits from the same source
or you risk not having a mismatched set of pieces by color and
texture.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]