Re: Sales of bits - e-bay or list

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sales of bits - e-bay or list
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 21:53:03 -0000
I don't have any problems with email being used to sell parts - new or
used, privately or commercially - as long as they relate to the
make(s) of car that interest me. I'd much rather receive 'junk' email
/ spam from a parts supplier than all the other chain letters and get
rich quick schemes that limbo dance under my ISP's screening process.
In fact, I'd like to see the parts suppliers around the world
(especially the smaller ones) taking more prominence on this list -
and others. Terry O'Beirne is one such example, Mick Dolphin in the UK
is one of many others. Mick will happily email anyone a copy of his
current stocklist in Excel for the asking and maybe Terry might do
something similar. C'mon guys - how about a few 'special offers' to
save us the trouble of ferreting through catalogues, only to find the
price has since gone up.
Let's have periodic visibility of a nice bit of honest to goodness
capitalism clearly at work - to partially replace the rotational
queries of SU dashpot oil suitability, mineral versus synthetic,
freight charges, cents / pennies saved between suppliers A, B and C
along with all the other confrontational issues.
And while we're about it - a pat on the back from me to the first
person who promotes the availability of whatever in which he or she
openly admits to having a financial interest. IMHO there's nothing
wrong with some drum banging and turning a profit, especially if its a
personal one. No doubt I hold a minority view - but what the hell.
.
Jonmac