Re: To Grease Trans shaft or not ? a.EDU>

To: Bernd Ingelfinger <bernd@triumphtr.de>
Subject: Re: To Grease Trans shaft or not ? a.EDU>
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:37:27 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Pat <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu
The shop manual does not recommend greasing the trans extention that
carries the throwout sleeve.  However, if you do choose to do so, I would
recommend the use of a synthetic grease.  A dry lub such as graphite also
does well.  The main problem with putting grease on the extention is that
it collects dirt.  Although the cars were delivered with a dust shield on
the lower part of the trans, often these were left off by later mechanics.
(Note my comments on repair shops/DIY-ers.)

Cheers

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]