Re: TR engine bay decals

To: <conrade@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: TR engine bay decals
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:06:34 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Eric Conrad wrote:
The funny thing about the decal is that while detailing choke
adjustment, it is located on the opposite side of the engine bay from
the carburettors.

This perhaps has something to do with the fact the plethora of decals
boxes were located on the left hand side of the assembly track. While
to us 'sensible' people it would seem logical to put the decal
alongside the carbs, this was not *practical.* To cross over the line
put the decal on the correct side meant taking a very long stride
over a yawning chasm some six feet above a concrete floor with no
intermediate walkway between the cars as they moved down the line.
The departure and arrival points were both fairly slippery,  being
shoe-leather polished steel plates. Apart from that, every ST car had
carbs/fuel injection on the right hand side anyway, so this made it
eminently
sensible (to us Brits, iif no-one else) to have the labels boxes on
the
left hand side of the track. Sort of complemented our rule of the
road - so what are you grumbling about? <smile> Your car got it's
decal - WHERE it got it is (was) irrelevant.
You surely don't think we put them there with the intention, objective
or hope that anyone would
ever want to actually READ them, did you?
Did you?
Who on earth would want to read a decal - whatever it said.

Jonmac