clutch carrier shaft grease

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch carrier shaft grease
From: "Bob Rochlin" <rochlin@massed.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:07:41 -0500
    I replaced my clutch last summer and did not grease the shaft.  I
subsequently had trouble with the clutch binding as it was being released.  I
took the clutch apart and honed the bearing carrier and put a light layer of
grease on the carrier shaft.  This resulted in much improved clutch action.
As for dirt getting into the grease, IMHO I doubt that it will be much of a
factor.  BTW be sure to lightly grease the fork pins.
Bob Rochlin
'72' TR6