Fwd: STOLEN!!!! Porsche racecar and trailer

To: autojumble@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: STOLEN!!!! Porsche racecar and trailer
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:54:42 EST
This is from the Porsche racing list.

-----------------
Forwarded Message:
Subj:    [racing] STOLEN!!!!  Porsche racecar and trailer
Date:   2/13/01 5:28:52 PM Pacific Standard Time
From:   Nick_Summers@cargill.com
To: racing@rennlist.org (Racing)

Seems that someone took a liking to my racecar and enclosed trailer,
and I want to get your help in keeping an eye open for it.

I am offering a reward for info leading to it's return....in one piece
preferably.

________________

It was stolen on Sunday night from the AutoEdge Porsche shop in St
Paul, Minnesota.  The trailer is a 20' black enclosed Haulmark with the
Minnesota registration plate CBT6829.  It has a vinyl black and white
checkered floor and wood interior walls.

The bigger loss is the car which was inside the trailer.  It is a
custom built, single seat GT racecar based on a Porsche 914 tub, with a
semi-tube frame.

It has brand new yellow Sheridan fiberglass bodywork.  There are no
decals on it whatsoever.  It has a blue roll cage and has no windshield
or roof....just a lexan ginter windscreen.  It has blue-centered
Jongbloed wheels.  THERE IS NO ENGINE OR GEARBOX IN THE CAR, so also
keep alert to anyone trying to buy either.  The suspension is highly
modified and has Penske rear shocks on custom built trailing arms. The
ally-clad Fuel Safe gas tank is located on the passenger side floor,
along with the 16 volt battery.  There is a single aluminum Butler
Built seat.  It has full Autometer gauges and a Hotlap timer in a
custom ally dash.

If anyone hears of any racecar parts going suspiciously cheap, or of
anyone trying to buy a 914 engine or gearbox, think of me....it could
just be my car!  Please look at this website....it has a picture of the
car.  The bodywork and wheels are now a little different from the
picture, but you'll get the general idea.

http://www.nordstern.org/nsstolen.htm

Anyone on this list who is in the Porsche/Racing business, I'd
certainly appreciate it if you'd post a copy of the attached notice in
your shop....if you'd send me your email address I'll send you an
easy-to-print copy.

If anyone has any other advice/ideas on how I might maximize my chance
of finding this car, I'll listen to anything you have!

SPREAD THE WORD...SOMEBODY KNOWS WHERE THIS CAR IS SITTING RIGHT
NOW!!!!!!

Thanks,
Nick Summers.
952-984-3086