TR 250 Questions

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 250 Questions
From: Brian Ruess <brian.ruess@merant.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:47:58 -0800
Dear List,

I have recently joined the list as I recently purchased a TR 250.  It was
delivered yesterday.  I have a few questions (for starters -- I assure you
more will follow).

1.      Are the dash lights really supposed to be that dim, even turned up
all the way?  It is hard to read the more minor gauges.
2.      Are the seats supposed to be that reclined?  My front seats lean
against the front of the back "seats."  With all that headroom (and I am
6'3" -- 171 cm) the seats could be more comfortably a bit more upright.
3.      Is steering progressive?  Although very tight, it seems that the
wheels don't turn much in the beginning and then turn a whole bunch at the
end.
4.      I know this thread has been going for a while, but I was not paying
attention as I did not know I had the issue: what are the possible sources
of the thunk I get as the clutch engages in each gear?  Comes from the rear
end.  Perhaps the original requestor of this question could just provide me
with the answers you received rather than starting the thread again.
5.      Is the friction point supposed to be that low?  The clutch grabs,
solidly, just a little off the floor.  I like it to grab at the top.  Is it
adjustable (before I bother to crawl under)?
6.      Are the windshield wipers supposed to miss the windshield at the far
left side?  Due to the curve of the glass, they don't hit it to wipe it.

Thanks.

Brian Ruess
CD8185L
Former owner of such marvels as 59 TR3A (TS48xxxLO), 57 AH 100/6, 59 Singer
Gazelle IIIA convert, 64 Sunbeam Tiger I, 66 Land Rover IIA, 68 AH Sprite,
and 69 Datsun 2000 Roadster.