Re: TR6 Crank Shaft

To: DZ335@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Crank Shaft
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:52:11 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/10/01 8:02:12 PM EDT, DZ335@aol.com writes:

> I have just bought a 71 TR6 project (how big I don't know?) I was told that
>  the engine block is from a 69 what year cranks will be usable in this
block??

The "important" dimensions of all TR6 cranks are the same.

Engines CC25000 through about CC50000 use a so-called "long snout" crank.
The difference between this and the later crank is on the flywheel end -
the snout being larger than the later one. I don't know the engine numbers
of TR250's (and TR5's), but they used the earlier style too).

As such, you must use the appropriate flywheel with the crank that you
have. Early crank means early flywheel. Later crank - later flywheel.

That's the only major difference.

However, the later cranks have better oiling and are most appropriate if
you really need to replace the crank.

>  Thanks
>  daryl in CT

You're welcome,