Re: PDWA

Subject: Re: PDWA
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:46:13 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <vtr@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <murray54@bellsouth.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Herald948@aol.com
>> I just read this bit on the PDWA and I have a question:  Is there
supposed
>  to be a hole in the shuttlecock that the switch pin goes into?  I pulled

the
>  switch off of my 75 TR6 and I didn't really see the rounded area I see
in
>  the picture but I did see a nice hole the switch pin fit into.
>
>  My brake light stays on (most of the time), but my brakes seem to be
working
>  fine.  It would seem that if the switch pin is extended down into that
hole
>  then the light should stay off until the shuttle moves, pushes the
switch
>  pin in and closes the circuit lighting the dash light.  One other thing
and
>  then I'll have you really confused:  I tested the continuity of the
switch
>  and I have continuity when the pin is extended and when it's manually
>  depressed.  Think maybe I need a new switch?  And why is there that hole
in
>  the shuttlecock?
>
>  Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
>  Rick Murray
>  Lilburn, GA
<

Rick,  it's not so much a hole as it is a reduced radius in the shuttlecock
which has a beveled edge on each side.  This device has no effect on the
operation of the brakes and only serves to warn of a pending failure (slow
leak).  To center it up you need to open a brake bleeder valve in one
circuit and pump the pedal (a two man operation just as is bleeding brakes)
until the shuttlecock returns to center.  If that doesn't fix it try
bleeding the other circuit.  Be carefull as you can easily push the
shuttlecock past center and have to bleed it back the other way - so work
slowly.

Dave