TR7 BFH#55-B

To: "INTERNET:Eganb@aol.com" <Eganb@aol.com>
Subject: TR7 BFH#55-B
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:45:28 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "[unknown]" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Eganb@aol.com
>I'll still be replacing the diaphragms, but here's another question --
when I
put the piston/diaphragm assembly back in the carb, is there a correct
orientation?  On the bottom of the piston are two openings -- should they
be
pointed in a particular direction, like towards the mouth of the carb and
the
air cleaners?  I probably didn't pay attention to that before, and I would
suspect for correct air flow/operation, the "orientation" of the piston is
important?
<

Bruce,

Two things to look for: 1) the two small ports go on the down-strream side
of the venturi and 2) there is a small tab on both the outer edge of the
diphram and the inner edge.  The tab on the inner edge goes in a depression
in the piston and the tab on the outer edge goes in a depression in the
carb body.  Orienting the tabs properly will orient the piston correctly.
A no-brainer once you realize that.

Dave