TR6 headrest seat spring

Subject: TR6 headrest seat spring
From: Jon <blueturtles@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:25:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I hope somebody can help me and my '74 TR6 out...

I am in need of the little spring that fits into the
headrest of the seat frame and held in place by black
tape (similar to duct tape).  Nobody seems to sell the
part.  I know I need at least one, because I am
following the directions of rebuilding the seats (I am
only working on seat #1, until it is done I won't know
if I need an additional part for the second seat).

I wish I had my TRF green book with me because it
shows the part and the number...but I don't. The part
I need is about 2" long and it is not a traditional
wire spring; it's more like a flat metal strip built
into a coil. The part ads tension to the headrest bar
when it is in the seat. It keeps the headrest from
sliding up and down; it helps it stay in place. I hope
that helps.  Anyone who has rebuilt late model seats
probably knows what I am talking about.

Thanks for reading...

Jon