Stalling Stag

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stalling Stag
From: "WebWorkWhere" <dellyatt@webworkwhere.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:00:30 -0500
I have a 1973 Stag that's all original and runs pretty nicely except for one
thing.

When you decelerate to a stop, which sadly we all have to do occasionally the
engine will stall out as the revs get too low. You can bypass this by pulling
the choke out as you deccelerate but obviously that is not a long term
solution.

A couple of other factors -
the car will idle fine at about 650 RPM before you drive it
I haven't done much driving of the car as I am in Michigan and the temps have
been largely below freezing since I bought the car in November.

Any clues. My guess is that I need to take idle up to about 800, but then I
start to wonder how she will be come hot summer temps especially with the
Stags penchant for overheating.

David