Re: New Tires

To: Bryce@milton.com, DANMAS@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Tires
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:46:29 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2001 2:26:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Bryce@Milton.com writes:

> How do these compare in overall size?  At 70 on the freeway, what would
> the speedometer read?

Bryce,

They are a bit larger, so the speedo will read low. When my speedo reads 80
(4000rpm), I'm actually doing 84. If you want to find out the mph/rpm values
for any tire size/gear ratio, check out the Excel spread sheet I'v posted on
the net at:

http://members.aol.com/danmas4/chart.xls

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm