Fan Extension

To: <ct54531@aol.com>
Subject: Fan Extension
From: "Mark Meany" <mark@basecamp.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:26:57 -0500
Cc: "TriumphTeam" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sir -
        Coincidentally, I removed the fan extension piece from my engine
this weekend. You've removed all the fasteners you can. The extension is a
snug, slide fit onto the end of the crank with about an 1 1/4" worth of
engagement. There is a Woodruff key between the two as a driver. I struggled
quite a bit with mine. Fortunately, the engine is on a stand so I was able
to use a puller with the ears attached the fan mounting bolts & a piece of
scrap steel rod in the hole where the large bolt was. It took a lot more
oomph than I expected. I suppose patience & a copious amount of penetrating
oil applied to the shaft directly behind the pulley would work in time.
Unfortunately, the position of the pulley is right in the area where the
length of engagement is precluding direct application of heat.

Regards,

Mark Meany
Keene, NH
TR4A CTC 62486
Regional Center for Percussive Maintenance