Fuel tank sender unit

To: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Subject: Fuel tank sender unit
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:33:20 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Chris De Wet
>How do I determine whether or not the fuel / gas / petrol tank sending
units, of some of my early Spitfire projects , are still in good working
condition ? The sender ( or sending ? ) units are still fixed to the
various
tanks , but the tanks are not installed in the vehicles . Yeah , I know
this
was discussed before and I know I'm supposed to know the answers , but ....
old age or senility ... who knows :-)
<

Chris, you can check out those sending units on those gas/petrol/essence/
Benzin/gasolina/benzina/benzine tanks with an ohmmeter/DVM/Digital
Meter/multimeter.  Work the arms up and down and look for a change in the
resistance/impedence/concuctance/admittance which should vary in the range
of 2 to 60 ohms.  I hope this is clear/concise/understandable/humourous.
;-)

Dave