TR4: red light extinguished

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4: red light extinguished
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:21:00 -0700
Thanks to Randall, Carl, Andy and any others I missed for their advice regarding
my "red dash light" trouble. Following my first post of a red light that stayed
on at startup, the wire at the spade connector for the generator's output
terminal went ahead and burnt off -- and troubleshooting became a bit easier at
that point.

I picked up a new female spade connector at Kats British on the way home. It may
be worth noting that he didn't have an exact match for the old connector, but
the new one is L-shaped, so the wire comes in from the side -- which seems
better as the original wire took a hard bend from the generator to avoid the
exhaust manifold, no doubt a weak point that was injured by years of heat... and
my replacement of the generator a month or so ago. If you're going over your
early TR's wiring you might doublecheck this connection, or carry a spare
connector with you.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO