ARE wheel nuts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ARE wheel nuts
From: "Steven McCutcheon" <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:02:39 -0500
Listers:
Last November I was lucky enough to procure from a fellow lister (thanks Larry
M!) a set of American Racing wheels for my 1962 TR4.  They are the original 15
x 5 aluminum and have black spokes with a polished lip and chrome centre
spinners.  Now I need to know from the collective wisdom of this list what
these wheels had for lug nuts.  Were they sleeved nuts with washers?  I suspect
they were because the seat on the wheel centre is flat and not beveled like
Panasports and many newer Mini-lite replicas.  They use tapered nuts or even
original TR6 nuts, but the surface area on the ARE "Silverstone" wheel is flat.
Anyone have a set for sale?
TIA
Steve Mc
1962 TR4
1960 Italia (chassis done, waiting for body...no estimated time of completion)