Re: Excessive axel end play TR4

Subject: Re: Excessive axel end play TR4
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 19:33:38 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark :

Did you have both half-shafts in place when you measured end play ?
It's important ...

If so, my next guess would be that the center 'button' is missing, P/N
111215 (at least for TR3A, I assume the TR4 is the same).

AFAIK, not pressing things on far enough can only make the bearings too
tight.  If the shim pack is bigger than your free play, perhaps that's
what happened, and the DPO added shims to compensate.

Randall
59 TR3A