Re: egr valve plug

To: "Peter Zaborski" <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: egr valve plug
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:37:44 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
thanks to all who responded to my question.
I had to go with 3/4 " fine thread bolt. had machine shop cut it down.
slaped a little black gloss engine paint on it; looks ok.  I wasn't able to
find 3/4 set screw anywhere.  egr valve probably hadn't worked in years, the
connector pipe had at least 1/4 " solid plug of carbon.   I had to grind
air pump bracket a bit  to get new alloy valve cover  from V.B.  to fit.
( 90.00 during winter sale, looks great IMO)
I am going to have new connector pipe made up since the other one rusted
through, just in case I have to put egr valve back on.  Put new intake
manifold on also;  Now just waiting for carb rebuild kit to come in.  Can't
believe i have to do this  again
regards
al salvatore
76 tr6