RE: egr valve plug

To: "TR6 List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: egr valve plug
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 23:07:52 -0700

al,

Seems you're getting conflicting suggestions on what the thread is for the
EGR valve. Assuming you mean the port which is in the head, on my car it was
3/4" UNF. I used what's called a set screw, which means a screw/bolt with no
head but instead a recessed allen key fitting. Makes for a much cleaner
appearance than a 3/4 UNF bolt (the head on a such a bolt is quite huge!).
You will probably have to go to a specialty fastener shop, look under
fasteners in the yellow pages (assuming you live in a large metro area).
Otherwise there are on-line dealers who handle such stuff. Just search for
'fasteners'.

If you can get to a fastener shop, bring the EGR valve (or at least the jam
nut which holds it in place to the head). That way you know you'll get what
fits your car.

HTH

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO