#1 Austin Enthusiast in great need

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: #1 Austin Enthusiast in great need
From: "Susan Blubaugh" <rblubaug@netnitco.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:16:47 -0600
Dear Listers,

It was with great sadness that I read on page 3 of the Jan/Feb 2001 issue of
THE BRITISH MARQUE CAR CLUB NEWS that Rob Stuart of Manhattan Beach CA was
seriously injured in a September 2000 car crash.  The accident has left Rob
paralyzed in his lower body and he is now permanently blind.  Rob has been a
most avid enthusiast for Austin make of cars and light trucks.  I do not
know Rob personally, but I have corresponded with him a few times through
his superb web site http:\\www.austinworks.com  His response to my inquiries
about Austins (I still have a desire to own an Austin A40 truck)were always
friendly, thorough and insightful.

When I lived in London, I had a chance to see the merits of a National
Health Care system.  I was impressed that a catastrophic illness or injury
would not result in total financial devastation and leave someone without
essential care.  Our system can quickly have exactly those conseqences and
that apparently is the potential situation for Rob Stuart.  The article I
mentioned above indicates that Austin hobbyists around the globe are doing
what they can to come to Rob's aid.  In spite of such grim circumstance, Rob
remains in good spirits and retains his positive outlook on life.  Rob now
faces a long and difficult therapy and rehab schedule and he requires
twenty-four care.  His insurance is meeting only a fraction of the expenses
he has incurred.

A gentleman named Doug Dexter and a group known as Austin Works East will be
selling a twenty plus year collection of Austin literature and manuals.  All
proceeds will go to Rob's rehab fund. The Austin Works East collection will
be offered over E-bay.  Mr. Dexter, the Contributing Editor of Austin
Network of North America can be reached at Austin Works East, P.O. Box 1997,
Sandwich, MA 02563 USA (phone 508-833-6503)or by e-mail at
austnworks@aol.com .

Those interested in helping who have no interest in the Austin related
literature can make donations directly to:  The Rob Stuart Fund, 229 Third
Street, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 USA

Triumph listers, I know this is certainly off topic, but I just know by the
tone of the many message postings that I have seen on this list that this is
a message and a cause that many of you would welcome and embrace.

Respectfully yours,
Rob Blubaugh
Rensselaer, IN USA - home to TR2 #TS7690, built with pride in Covertry,
England, UK, 18 Aug. 1955